none
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(172,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code -1073741819. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to compile a Proc project in visual studio 2012 but i get this error "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(172,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code -1073741819." which i have no idea about it.

Kindly guide me to resolve this.

Thanks.

Friday, October 30, 2015 6:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Suhaa,

I agree that error 6006 is not good enough to provide any useful information.

However I would suggest you check following things

1, If cmd.exe can find the command in your project, or in another word, does your project path contain some non-English characters.

2, Clean your Bin and Obj folder and try to rebuild, it will have chance to fix MSB6006 error.

3, Compare your current project and a blank project to see if there is something unnecessary exist in your project.

4, Base on my experience, command is not correct sometimes will also let cmd.exe exist.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, November 1, 2015 2:07 PM