none
What is the variable for Mobile Phone Number in Search Refinements RRS feed

• Question

• What is the variable for Mobile Phone Number in Search Refinements.

I want to show Mobile Phone Number which is synced from AD.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi BreXit,

Property Name for Mobile Phone is CellPhone.

Please remember to set the managed property as refinable so that we could Choose Refiners in Refinement web part.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, December 13, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi BreXit,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 16, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi BreXit,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Julie

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 1:12 AM
  • Thanks for your good answers.

My problem seems to be:

All Users' Mobile Number are ok and filled in O365 Admin Center User Profiles (var=MobilePhone). So the sync is ok.

But strangely only some Mobile Numbers are ok in SharePoint Admin Center User Profiles (var=CellPhone). The ones that are ok come also to Delve Profile.

I'm trying to figure out what's the gap.

One clue might be the country prefix: the ones that come to SharePoint Admin Center User Profiles (CellPhone) and to Delve have "+country prefix" while the others don't have. 

Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:03 AM
  • Hi Brexit,

Please check where the Mobile Phone Number is synced from,Windows server AD or Azure AD?

If you find above reply helpful to you, please remember to mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Julie

Friday, December 20, 2019 9:39 AM
  • Hi Brexit,

Please check where the Mobile Phone Number is synced from,Windows server AD or Azure AD?

If you find above reply helpful to you, please remember to mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Julie

From Windows Server AD.

Monday, December 30, 2019 9:48 AM
  • I can confirm that it's about the format of the value in MobilePhone field in AD:

Values beginning with

+4670XXXXX will go thru to SharePoint

Values beginning with

070XXXXXXX will not go thru to SharePoint

I wonder what is the setting affecting this.

• Edited by BreXit Monday, December 30, 2019 10:26 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2019 10:25 AM
  • Hi BreXit,

I want to confirm some information with you for better solving the issue:

Whether the MobilePhone value with “070xxxxxxx” formats in AD not synced in SharePoint online?

Or the value not synced between User Profile and Delve?

Best regards,

Julie

Thursday, January 2, 2020 9:48 AM
  • I have new information which is quite amazing:

If I add a modern People webpart on a modern SharePoint page, and then click on the person's photo in the webpart, the details opens and the missing Mobile Phone Number is there!

So, the Mobile Phone Number is already on SharePoint and shows ONLY in People Webpart Pop-up (Not in Delve or Search).

The challenge now is to figure out how to show this data on a modern page with a dynamic list linked to an AD Group?

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 12:17 PM
  • Hi BreXit,

Per my test, Delve uses information from User Profiles, People web part retrieves information from Active Directory(Active users in admin center).

Delve profile page will not show the properties if there's no data in the properties(mobile phone) in his or her SharePoint Online user profile.

And what did you mean showing this data on a modern page with a dynamic list linked to an AD Group?

Best regards,

Julie

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:33 AM