none
error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1. RRS feed

• Question

• after adding my custom plugin in WIRESHARK I am getting this error.

"C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln" (default target) (1) ->
           "C:\Development\wsbuild64\plugins\epan\homematic\homematic.vcxproj.metaproj" (default target) (28) ->
           "C:\Development\wsbuild64\plugins\epan\homematic\homematic.vcxproj" (default target) (133) ->
           (CustomBuild target) ->
             C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(209,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe"
            exited with code 1. [C:\Development\wsbuild64\plugins\epan\homematic\homematic.vcxproj]

Kindly help. Code is in C

Friday, May 31, 2019 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

What do you mean custom plugin ? It refers to some C code or some custom script in .vcxproj file ?

Always this error message indicates that something is wrong with your custom steps:

1.Pre-build event or post-build event(Please check if you have some command in build-events, right-click project=>properties=>build events)

2.Msbuild Exec command in custom target(Open xxx.vcxproj file and search for Exec tag)

I think you should have some command to execute during the build process, and that command is the cause of this issue.(During build, build system will call cmd.exe to execute some specific command or .bat file)

Please open a windows prompt and paste the command to it. Run, check if there is something wrong and fix it. After that, copy the command which works in windows prompt back to the .vcxproj file, this issue is solved.

Please let me know if it's helpful or not! 

And it could be better if you can share content of project file(.vcxproj) so that I can check it for you directly. Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 3, 2019 5:46 AM