none
Obtain a new key online" for registering Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Button "Obtain a new key online" for registering Visual Studio 2010 yields a screen that says "The page you requested cannot be found"
    Sunday, October 20, 2019 8:55 PM

All replies

• Hi reidsbogie,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I might need to confirm something from you: Which version of Visual Studio 2010 do you use? Do you download and install from the official website or from other ways?

I tried to reproduce your issue in my side. From official website download “[Trial] Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate” and then install, after that go to Help -> Register Product and the popup window shows that “A valid product key has been entered for Microsoft Visual Studio”. Since I don’t sign in or register to Visual Studio, I guess this might because I use version of Trial.

I also notice that one version “Visual Studio 2010 VB Express” shared us with the registration key, if you use this version of VS 2010, you could go to Visual Studio Download and find this version, then click “Get Key” under this version and use it to register to this version.

BTW, since Visual Studio 2010 is an old version of Visual Studio, some pages about supporting VS 2010 are not available any longer.

Hope all above could help you and look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Hi reidsbogie,

Sorry for bothering you.

As Tianyu says, the visual studio 2012 is too old, and as far as I know, there is no subscription service for it. If you want to use visual studio all the time, we suggest you could use visual studio 2017 or visual studio 2019. They have free version which is VS community. It is for individual developer. In addition, you want more enterprise features, we recommend you could buy subscription for VS professional and VS enterprise. Then you could use it with your team and big projects better.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Hi reidsbogie,

In addition to this, please try to delete the folder under the path "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\.IdentityService". 

Also, l have found the VS2010 subscription page in this:https://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/product-comparison and there is no request so that Microsoft does no longer maintain VS2010 subscription. 

Maybe you can try Dylan's suggestion to download the latest VS2019 Community version which is completely free.

If you want to compare compare different versions of VS2019 and choose a version based on their features and your own needs, you can refer to this document.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:44 AM