none
How to hide some field on form Edit ( Placed custom list View on it ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

have created view to show user's releavant fields, just for view its fine, but as user go to edit so it shows all fields,

I want to show here limited fields on edit Not all fields.

Note: if I remove some fields to show relevant fields on this particular view so it should not make impact on other's views or main list view because as a admin I need all fields .

Solution Required : just show view to user;s to view their record to edit particular fields and those fields should be visible ( rest hide ) 

Hope I cleared my point to help me to be resolved.

Thanks & Waiting

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 8:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried delay the script to run after DOM ready as I suggested previously?

Or, you could try:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.1.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
    SP.SOD.executeOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded(CustomJS, 'sp.js');
            function CustomJS() {
                $('#Flag_9a57c66d-259b-43be-a749-c181dc54edd3_$NumberField').hide();
                //or 
                $('nobr:contains("field title")').closest('tr').hide();
            }

</script>

You could use developer tool to debug the script so you could confirm the element ID matches and script could get the element correctly.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by qasimidl Thursday, July 16, 2020 6:34 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:50 AM

All replies