none
Showing GPU usage with performance counter RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

So basically I'm making a performance monitor and I can't figure out how I can show my GPU usage in %. I only found GPU Engine > Utilization percentage and then some random things with random names. I tried to take on of the instance names and put it in the counter with the correct category name and counter name, but still no luck. Also, can't find anything on the internet. If anyone could help, that would be appreciated! Thanks! ^-^

Saturday, January 5, 2019 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Frasski,

Do you use the GPU usage tool in Visual studio?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/profiling/gpu-usage?view=vs-2017

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Having issues with Windows' GPU performance counters myself. The whole mess is atrocious, exemplified by the moderator's reply here.

Run this PowerShell script in the ISE and it may help identify which GPU counters are useful. Replace {ComputerName} with your system's name.

$Counters = @(
        '\\{ComputerName}\gpu engine(*)\utilization percentage'
    )

while ($true) {
    Get-Counter -Counter $Counters -MaxSamples 1 | ForEach {
        $_.CounterSamples | ForEach {
            $cv = $_.CookedValue
            If ($cv -ne 0) {
            [pscustomobject]@{
                TimeStamp = $_.TimeStamp
                Path = $_.Path
                Value = $cv