none
Sharepoint custom application moves from UAT to prod RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have custom solution and deployed in web application level in share point 2016 in UAT.And also UAT completed and working fine.

Can I take backup of UAT site content Db and restore in production site?

Is this correct way? if yes ,can I need to redeploy .wsp package again or no need in prod web application.

Thanks,

Thirupathi

Monday, June 29, 2020 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Thirupathi,

This is not the correct way.

Please don't take action to back up UAT Content Database and restore into Production site. The Content Database for UAT and Production environment should be separated so that they won't affect each other.

The suggested way to deploy WSP Solution to Production environment is using PowerShell:

Add-SPSolution c:\temp\MySolution.wsp
    Install-SPSolution -Identity MySolution.wsp -GACDeployment

Here is a similiar thread for your reference:

Deployment from DEV to Production environment

Step by step deploy WSP Solution with PowerShell:

Steps To Deploy A Farm Solution (wsp file) In A SharePoint Farm

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:19 AM
  • Hi Thirupathi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

You can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 12:40 AM