none
Visual webpart refactoring - ascx not getting updated

    Question

  • Hello,

    I have created a visual webpart in one sharepoint 2013 project and then moved the webpart to another sharepoint 2013 project. It is getting deployed without any problem. The problem is the changes to my .ascx files are not reflecting when deployed..

    any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Santhosh

    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:21 AM

Answers

  • Thanks for the replies guys! I tried all different things, and finally I have to create a new visual webpart and copy the code from old one, to get it working!
    • Marked as answer by sankumarr Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:45 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:45 AM

All replies

  • Make sure in your new project, webpart.cs file contains proper (new) location of your UserControl.ascx file.

    Thanks, Pratik Shah

    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:55 AM
  • Hi Santhosh,

    Are you working on same UserControl webpart in another SP 2013 Project?

    Also double check your project solution's webpart feature contains new webpart item. Because if your feature not contains moved webpart item then you can see latest webpart in your SP. So you have to add in feature.


    Manoj | SharePoint

    Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:40 AM
  • Thanks for the replies guys! I tried all different things, and finally I have to create a new visual webpart and copy the code from old one, to get it working!
    • Marked as answer by sankumarr Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:45 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:45 AM
  • Faced the same exact problem, only recreating the webpart helped. Wish there is a nicer way to resolve this
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:10 AM