none
Problem with repeating events in calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

Like some others we are experiencing problems with repeating events in calendar within Sharepoint 2010.

The problem in details is the following:

we have staff association calendar where we want to place all staff birthdays.

Of course, this make sense to be placed as yearly recurring events with open dates (don't want to play prophet).

So, we place event like this but receive completely inappropriate result.

The event is displayed not as a single event every year, but as a single huge event starting from the date we placed event and till the 2160 (or smth).

You can see details on screenshots.

Are there any ideas how can we fix this?

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/186/87654173.jpg

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3999/38341279.jpg

Monday, June 20, 2011 9:25 AM

Answers

• SkyLanSe, you said you noticed a different behaviour between your development environment and your live farm; this usually means that something has gone wrong with the creation of the ressource. Why don't you try building a new calendar in the live environment - and in case nothing changes, check all SharePoint logs for errors during creation of the calendar and the items.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:23 PM

All replies

• I just tried to reproduce by building a new calendar and an event with the same parameters as you did, but everything worked fine.

The only way I could produce the same result as your screenshot #1 was fooling around with the end date of the first event. In your case, though, there is a start time and an end time, but no date information. Couldn't that be the reason?

Regards,
    M

Monday, June 20, 2011 10:35 AM
  • That is actually a strange situation.

I've tried to reproduce the case on another calendar (test site in the same farm, but different site collection).

On test this worked like a charm.

So, that can be specific to that exact setup (I've tried in a few different calendars on our prod.site).

As of date info - when you switch to repeating event, no field has been provided for exact date.

Monday, June 20, 2011 11:33 AM
  • The only difference between 2 environments I can see is that on problematic site when click on Edit I'm coming directly into series editing screen. The same time on test site (where everything is ok) when click on Edit I found myself on event edit screen and I need to click on Edit Series to have access to recurrence settings.

Hope this helps.

Monday, June 20, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Can someone give any update on this?
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:59 AM
  • SkyLanSe, you said you noticed a different behaviour between your development environment and your live farm; this usually means that something has gone wrong with the creation of the ressource. Why don't you try building a new calendar in the live environment - and in case nothing changes, check all SharePoint logs for errors during creation of the calendar and the items.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:23 PM
  • We have the same issue. We found a workaround by opening the view and clicking the OK button to close it.  Have you found a solution?
    Matt H.
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:21 PM
  • Go into Create View, and select "Standard View, with Expanded Recurring Events" and the recurring events will each show as a separate entry on the list.  You can make this your default view.
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:10 AM
  • Go into Create View, and select "Standard View, with Expanded Recurring Events" and the recurring events will each show as a separate entry on the list.  You can make this your default view.
    Are there specific settings under this view I should select? Just changing it to Standard View with Expanded Recurring Events didn't change anything. Thanks
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:35 PM