none
Alternative to SharePoint List item "selector" RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect 4 different lists to one master list using a field. I cam across the example of using "Connections" -> Send Rows to -> Select webpart -> Get filter values from -> Select both columns. 

It seems like if the list view is restricted to 30 items per page and if I make use of the search functionality to search for an item on another page, if I select it, the items selects but it vanishes from screen and is back to Page 1. It connects with webpart, but its just not visible.

• Edited by mikello Friday, December 13, 2019 1:23 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2019 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hi mikello,

I can reproduce your issue. It’s the default behavior.

Since if we use search to get the item in the another page in the list view, there is no parameter for page in the URL, then after select an item, it will display the original default page without relevant page .

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi mikello,

To change the selector image, you can use CSS. Insert a Content Editor web part in the page and paste the code below in the Edit Source dialog:

<style>

IMG[src*='/_layouts/15/images/rbsel.gif'] {

BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url('https://cdn1.iconfinder.com/data/icons/windows8_icons_iconpharm/26/checked_checkbox.png');

WIDTH: 26px;

HEIGHT: 0px;

PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px;

PADDING-LEFT: 0px;

PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;

PADDING-TOP: 26px

}

IMG[src*='/_layouts/15/images/rbunsel.gif'] {

BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url('https://cdn1.iconfinder.com/data/icons/windows8_icons_iconpharm/26/unchecked_checkbox.png');

PADDING-TOP: 26px;

}

</style>

It displays as below:

For your second issue, per my test, when a select an item, it will load the first page firstly and stay at the second page. Whether you get the same scenario?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by mikello Monday, January 6, 2020 4:29 AM
    Friday, December 13, 2019 3:23 AM

All replies

• Hi mikello,

To change the selector image, you can use CSS. Insert a Content Editor web part in the page and paste the code below in the Edit Source dialog:

<style>

IMG[src*='/_layouts/15/images/rbsel.gif'] {

BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url('https://cdn1.iconfinder.com/data/icons/windows8_icons_iconpharm/26/checked_checkbox.png');

PADDING-TOP: 26px

}

IMG[src*='/_layouts/15/images/rbunsel.gif'] {

BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url('https://cdn1.iconfinder.com/data/icons/windows8_icons_iconpharm/26/unchecked_checkbox.png');

PADDING-TOP: 26px;

}

</style>

It displays as below:

For your second issue, per my test, when a select an item, it will load the first page firstly and stay at the second page. Whether you get the same scenario?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

• Marked as answer by mikello Monday, January 6, 2020 4:29 AM
    Friday, December 13, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Thank you. When I use to search an item using "List search", then I select the item after it appears and then it does not remain on the same page.

If I manually navigate pages and select item, it remains on the same page - like your clip above.

But if I make use of List search and then click on an item, the page refreshes and goes back to page 1.

Friday, December 13, 2019 1:39 PM
  • Hi mikello,

I can reproduce your issue. It’s the default behavior.

Since if we use search to get the item in the another page in the list view, there is no parameter for page in the URL, then after select an item, it will display the original default page without relevant page .

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi mikello,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:17 AM
  • Hi mikello,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of this issue?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, December 27, 2019 8:21 AM