none
Role of OldToolsVersion in .csproj file ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have recently migrated our project and solutions from VS 2010 to VS 2015. I see following is changed in the .csproj file.

In VS 2010 -

<OldToolsVersion>3.5</OldToolsVersion>

In VS 2015 - (After Conversion)

<OldToolsVersion>4.0</OldToolsVersion>

I tried to search information about this node in .csproj but could not find any useful information. Can anyonne please provide information what is the role of this property ? Also, is there any article describing all properties in .cspropj file ?

Thanks in advance.

Adi

Friday, December 23, 2016 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Adi007me,

Based on your description, it seems that your vs2010 projects are migrated from vs2008. when we upgrade our project, there are three nodes will be added in your csproj file. while you could delete from your csproj file.

<FileUpgradeFlags>0</FileUpgradeFlags>
    <UpgradeBackupLocation>blah\blah\blah</UpgradeBackupLocation>
    <OldToolsVersion>4.0</OldToolsVersion>

OldToolsVersion is the last DTE ToolsVersion.  for more information about ToolsVersion, please refer to: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb383796.aspx

>>Also, is there any article describing all properties in .cspropj file?

Different template will generate different csproj file.  Common MSBuild Project Properties and MSBuild Reserved and Well-Known Properties For your reference.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Adi007me Monday, December 26, 2016 2:57 PM
    Monday, December 26, 2016 8:42 AM