Page.ISPostBack is not working in sharepoint site.

• Hi,
    I have created an user control in .net and i am using it in sharepoint site.
    I am populating the treeview in that control . i have added that user control in the master page of the sharepoint site.

But now the problem is i am getting Page.IsPostBack always false. Because of this treeview is getting loaded on every postback ,so i am not able to retrive the selected node for the second time..

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" >
    <script runat="server">
     protected void PageLoad(Object sender, Eventargs e)
               // code to bind the data to treeview........

Please anyone tell me how to avoid this method call on paost back

Monday, August 03, 2009 1:48 PM

All replies

• IsPostBack works in SharePoint. Make sure the AutoPostBack property of your user control is set to true.

SSA -
    Monday, August 03, 2009 2:01 PM
  • Thanks for the reply..... However i have set the AutoPostBack Property to true. Still the same issue i am finding.........
    As i mentioned earlier i am using an user control, i have placed the user control in the control templates folder
    and through the sharepoint designer i have added below tags in the master page

<%@ Register TagPrefix="menu" TagName="menuControl" src="~/_controltemplates/TreeView.ascx" %> 

<menu:menuControl id="controls" runat="server" ></menu:menuControl>

Now if i click on any of the child node which points to some other page which contains the same master page. then the tree view is getting binded again.....
    Initially the tree structure looks like below

however treeview structure is as below.

if i click on child 1 of Root1 then i can see the treeview like below

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 10:44 AM