none
vs 2017 community and vs 2017 express for desktop RRS feed

• Question

• i can open, work and run my solution (made in vs express 2013 for desktop) from both 'vs 2017 community' and 'vs 2017 express for desktop'. Could I uninstall vs 2017 community only and continue working in vs 2017 express for desktop? Please help me.
    Sunday, October 15, 2017 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi hosemaria,

They don't have the compatibility issue in the same PC, so you could install/uninstall anyone of them freely, and it will not impact the another version.

If any reply was helpful for you, you could mark it as the answer, so we could close this case for you.

If you have any other VS IDE usage issue, feel free to share it.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hosemaria Friday, October 27, 2017 10:07 AM
    Monday, October 23, 2017 8:41 AM

All replies

• i can open, work and run my solution (made in vs express 2013 for desktop) from both 'vs 2017 community' and 'vs 2017 express for desktop'. Could I uninstall vs 2017 community only and continue working in vs 2017 express for desktop? Please help me.

Sunday, October 15, 2017 5:35 PM
  • Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Yes, you can.

Visual studio community 2017 and express 2017 for windows desktop are two products, you can uninstall visual studio community 2017 via visual studio installer and continue to use express 2017.

Visual Studio Express 2017 is available for Windows Desktop developers. This will be the final version of Visual Studio Express, and there will not be a UWP or Web offering of Visual Studio Express 2017. We encourage all users to look at the free development options offered by Microsoft such as Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio Community for future development needs.

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-express/

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 4:12 AM
  • Hi hosemaria,

They don't have the compatibility issue in the same PC, so you could install/uninstall anyone of them freely, and it will not impact the another version.

If any reply was helpful for you, you could mark it as the answer, so we could close this case for you.

If you have any other VS IDE usage issue, feel free to share it.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by hosemaria Friday, October 27, 2017 10:07 AM
    Monday, October 23, 2017 8:41 AM