none
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(249,5): error MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with code -1073741515. RRS feed

• Question

• As suggested by the title, I'm having problems building any C++ project in my Visual Studio 2012 installation. A couple of people have asked this then been asked to try build from command line. I'm a technical retard, therefore need some advice on how to go about this. Alternatively, it could be useful if someone has encountered this recently. Here are the last few things I've done:

Installed QT and the VS extension.

Removed QT and the VS extension.

Uninstalled VS completely.

Reinstalled VS completely.

All to no avail. Any takers?

Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:03 PM

Answers

• Hello,

According to the solutions in FIX: “CL.exe” exited with code -1073741515 & cannot run ‘rc.exe’ , we know 

-1073741515 = STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND .

There might be some dlls missing.

Please try to modify  PATH environment variable.

You can refer to Search Path Used by Windows to Locate a DLL .

By the way, what is the operating system? Did you run Visual Studio 2012 as administrator? Was there some permissions to the

In addition,you could use the /verbosity:diagnostic in the command line to display detailed message in the build log. For more information, please refer to MSBuild Command-Line Reference.

Please check the discussions in the similar topic below:

Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets(147,5): error MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with code -1073741819.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/56ea2264-ee0e-40b0-9c0e-bc3715fe54a7/microsoftcppwin32targets1475-error-msb6006-clexe-exited-with-code-1073741819?forum=vcgeneral

If this issue remains unresolved, please provide more details about the log message for further analysis.

Best Regards,

Jane.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 20, 2013 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

According to the solutions in FIX: “CL.exe” exited with code -1073741515 & cannot run ‘rc.exe’ , we know 

-1073741515 = STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND .

There might be some dlls missing.

Please try to modify  PATH environment variable.

You can refer to Search Path Used by Windows to Locate a DLL .

By the way, what is the operating system? Did you run Visual Studio 2012 as administrator? Was there some permissions to the

In addition,you could use the /verbosity:diagnostic in the command line to display detailed message in the build log. For more information, please refer to MSBuild Command-Line Reference.

Please check the discussions in the similar topic below:

Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets(147,5): error MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with code -1073741819.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/56ea2264-ee0e-40b0-9c0e-bc3715fe54a7/microsoftcppwin32targets1475-error-msb6006-clexe-exited-with-code-1073741819?forum=vcgeneral

If this issue remains unresolved, please provide more details about the log message for further analysis.

Best Regards,

Jane.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 20, 2013 3:07 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. It looks like it was an issue with my PATH environment variable. I did (a long time ago) work using MinGW, and it appears that in the changes I made to set my PATH variable for that, I set it incorrectly and all trailing paths were broken. I don't see how it's only just taken effect, but it might be because I haven't closed Visual Studio in a few months.

Cheers for your assistance

Josh

Friday, December 20, 2013 6:30 PM