none
RDLC reportItems collection displaying #error when printed or exported to pdf. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running into an issue with a report that uses the ReportItems collection within the header of a RDLC report.

I am using ReportViewer 9.0.0.0 a asp.net 3.5 webforms application to display the report.

I use the following code in a group footer to determine the group number "=Fields!ROW_NUM.Value". The ROW_NUM column is generated by a sql stored procedure that adds a sequential integer to each row. I then use: =Min(ReportItems!textbox1.Value).ToString() in the reports header to retrieve the minimum, =Max(ReportItems!textbox1.Value).ToString() to get the maximum row numbers displayed on a page.

Doing this i am able to provide the user a row count on each of the reports pages: 1-23 of 1021 records are displayed.

This works well for reportviewer and excel export but produces a #error - #error of #error when printed or exported to pdf.

Any insight to why this issue is occurring or how it can be resolved is appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig W.

Friday, October 1, 2010 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hello,

#error is produced when your expression is wrong is the field.

Check the expression and then check out again. If your are concatinating or displaying complex Expression at that time carefully write your expression and increase then length of your expression gratually and each time see the out put. If its ok then increase your and check it out again and do it untill your complete expression is not written fully.

If in ReportViewer it displays as you expect then there is no problem in pdf. it gives you the same output in pdf file as in reportview.

Regards, Hiren Bharadwa
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 10:49 AM

• If in ReportViewer it displays as you expect then there is no problem in pdf. it gives you the same output in pdf file as in reportview.

I have similar problem. In ReportViewer window I see some data (text), but after export to PDF or Word in two positions I see #Error.

I use Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.5.5,  vb.net (windows forms).
    • Edited by PrzemoSz Monday, June 15, 2020 11:48 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2020 11:48 AM