none
Column Validation Formula Help

Question

• I have two columns in a list on sharepoint 2010, [phone number] and [email address]. I need help writing an IF statement for the column validation for these two columns. I need to it basically be that one or the other of these fields has to be filled out or a pop up message will prompt the user. So, if [phone number] is blank and [email address] is filled out then TRUE.

I am new to sharepoint and appreciate any help. Thank you.

Friday, April 21, 2017 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Stacey,

Welcome to SharePoint world.

As I am understanding that, you want implement condition using Out of box. If so, We need to write custom script for validations and add your custom script into content editor webpart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Lalith

----------------------------------------

Please mark as Answer, if this post solves your issue.

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

The SharePoint column validation is used to validate the data in this column when new items are saved to this list. So it’s not supported to judge other columns’ value in validation setting.

As a workaround, you can customize InfoPath form for this list. Here are detailed steps:

1. Click Customize Form button in SharePoint list.

2. Create validation rule in this form.

3. Publish this form.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 24, 2017 8:19 AM