none
a problem when installing VS RRS feed

• Question

• I tried downloading vs community but when the installation bar for the installer  shows it just closes with no progress,I tried doing everything tried contacting someone from Microsoft for a couple days but every time I was told to wait that the wait times were high,and the only time I got an answer I was told to restart my PC and then use a link to reconnect and when I used the link I was told that the wait times are higher than normal and every time I wait 3-4 hours with no response and I even tried formatting my whole PC.
    Friday, October 4, 2019 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Mattion,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

After you format and reinstall your computer, the VS installer still cannot open?

Before the VS installation, please make sure all pending windows update are installed, reboot the computer, temporarily disable any antivirus software, clean up the %temp% folder, re-download the installer from https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/ and save to another location, run it as administrator.

If this issue persists, I need your help to collect the installation log. Please download and run this collect.exetool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/and share the link in here.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Mattion Friday, October 18, 2019 5:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mattion Friday, October 18, 2019 5:10 AM
    Monday, October 7, 2019 3:30 AM
  • nope didn't work

(I don't know how to type a profissional email)

• Edited by Mattion Monday, October 7, 2019 6:54 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2019 6:54 PM
  • Hi Mattion,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please collect and share the log files in here? That will help us better analysis this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:19 AM