none
Site unresponsive when deleting orphaned users from site collection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using ShareGate to remove orphaned users from a site collection which is in its own content DB.  The Content DB is 300GB+.  It is removing the users at a turtle pace and making the site collection unresponsive - http 500.  As soon as I stop the orphaned user removal - the site comes back up shortly. 

What could be the issue here?  I have another site collection that was just under 300GB and removed the orphaned users very without any issues.  There are under 2000 orphaned users.

Any advice?

Thank you,

Rumi

Friday, September 20, 2019 1:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that the issue is due to large storage of the content database since you can remove orphaned users without error in another content database.

You can manually delete an orphaned user and see if it can finish without error. If the same issue happens, I suggest you check the ULS logs or Event Viewer for potential error message on the server.

Please refer to the link below for how to manually delete orphaned users.

Find and Delete Orphaned Users in SharePoint.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, September 20, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 23, 2019 1:33 AM