none
Shared folder issues in Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Our users share folders from Office 365/SharePoint Online libraries with external parties. External parties don't have any permissions on SharePoint.

Many users who access shared links from their mobile phone can see the folder but not any content in it.  I am the Site Collection Admin and I can see the folder and its content using my phone.

I am trying to troubleshoot this. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mayank Shyam

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:24 PM

All replies

• Do you set unique permission on the library?

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:13 AM
  • Hi Mayankguru,

I need to confirm with you as following to narrow down your issue:

1. How did you share the folder to external users? Invite people or just copy the folder link? Whether the users login with their account when they access the folder?

2. If they access the folder using PC instead of mobile, whether they can view the content?

3. Whether the issue occurs in one folder or all folders in the library?

Firstly, you can check if the items in the folder have unique permission that many users have no access to them.

Besides, whether you have allowed content approval with these files in the folder, and what’s the draft item security did you set?

If the status of content is draft and many users have no access to see draft items, so they will be unable to see the files in the folder.

You could go to library settings > versioning settings >draft item security> choose any user who can read items.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:49 AM