none
RSS Viewer Web part not working after installing kb2767793 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I just patched our sharepoint farm with kb2767793 - after installing this CU the RSS Web part is no longer loading as expected on our pages, it just keeps trying to load forever.

    If I choose to edit the page the RSS feed loads with no issues when in edit mode. When going back to published view I experience the same issue.

    The symptom is only present if the page contains more web parts eg Content Query Web part. If I create a page with only the RSS viewer web part it functions as expected.

    Has anyone experienced this or has any suggestions? 

    Thanks,

    Luke


    • Edited by LukeGulli Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:08 AM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:08 AM

All replies

  • Hi LukeGulli,

    Did you check the SharePoint has been upgraded with that version ? Did you run PSConfig after installation ? There are some functionality issues reported if you do not run PSConfig after installation 


    Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:23 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Pratik,

    Yes the update is showing as installed, PSconfig was run on all servers in the farm.

    Thanks,

    Luke

    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:13 AM
  • Did you resolve this issue, and if so, what did you do?

    - Nick

    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Hi Nick,

    No we havent worked out the solution yet.

    Thanks,

    Luke

    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:09 AM
  • We have the same issue after installing the April security updates.

    I opened a support case with Microsoft and they proposed these using one of these solutions (see below).

    Unfortunately these did not work for us.

    Summary

    1.  Page Level: add a CEWP to the page and add the following custom script to it:

    Save the following JavaScript to a .txt file and upload the file to any document library in the root of the site. 

    <Script Type="text/javascript"> 

    function CustomUpdateFormDigest() 

    if(window._spPageContextInfo != null) 

    var $v_2 = window._spPageContextInfo; 

    var $v_3 = $v_2.webServerRelativeUrl; 

    var $v_4 = window._spFormDigestRefreshInterval; 

    UpdateFormDigest($v_3, $v_4); 

    CustomUpdateFormDigest(); 

    </Script>

    1. Adding the above script to the Master Page

    3)     Web Application Level: Turn off Security Validation for the pages from Central Admin -> Web Application -> General Settings.


    Gncntry

    Friday, May 3, 2013 3:04 PM
  • How did you proceed with the support case?

    I'm having same issue with RSS Viewer, and it also occurs on List View Web Parts when they're used with Asynchronous loading enabled. Also Note Board Web Part is having issues. All started after April 2013 CU, we went to that from some 2012 CU (can't remember which one it was). So, apparently this issue started on Feb 2013 CU (at the latest), and wasn't fixed on April 2013 CU.

    I can confirm that the javascript solution you got doesn't work in my case either, but turning off security validation off does. It is by no means an acceptable solution, though.



    • Edited by Jussi P Monday, May 6, 2013 7:20 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2013 6:49 AM
  • I was able to make a work-around to this problem, by using luckyfunk's suggestion in this thread http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/65085/sharepoint-2010-formdigest-issue-invalidformdigest

    I created a user control, that I insert into my publishing master page. In the user control's code behind, I have added the following line to the Page_Load method:

    PublishingHttpModule.DontEnableCachingForRequest(HttpContext.Current);

    This resolved the issue on my development enviroment. I have yet to test it on a live enviroment.

    I hope this will help until Microsoft fixes the problem.

    - Nick

    Friday, May 10, 2013 10:30 AM
  • Thanks for the update, disabling caching might work, provided that the performance hit won't be an issue.
    Friday, May 10, 2013 11:29 AM
  • Hi

    Yep I am having problems as well on a publishing site.  

    in ULS

    Cannot find site lookup info for request Uri http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/en/??????/3dayforecast.rss.

    My farm is patched to  SharePoint 2013, October CU. I am building demo intranet for a client to help them with their requirements. 

    I have not touched the master page ( hoping to do that in the branding phase) or embeded any JS.....yet

    - BBC weather RSS feed ( have tried this also on the server to check for firewall / proxy issues )

    - no Ajax options set

    - Have disabled Data View Caching .. though not sure this makes any difference.  

    Am I looking at the options as described above. 

    regards

    Daniel


    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:54 PM
  • I faced the same issue after I installed April 2013 CU. Later I installed July 2013 CU  in our DEV environment and the issue was resolved. I was hoping that it would resolve in PROD environment as well and I'm patching it tomorrow with this CU. If anyone has faced this issue even after July 2013CU, please reply here.

    Regards, Kapil ***Please mark answer as Helpful or Answered after consideration***

    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Hi

    Firstly I have created a new post as I thought I was polluting this post - returned to delete my post - to stop the wrath of the forum police!  I am on August CU (15.0.4535.1000).  It would be ironic if the August CU backed out the fix from the July CU but I think my issue is proxy related; hence new post. 

     
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:03 PM