none
RBS File Stream Drive full on the Database Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The File Stream drive containing the Remote Blob Storage(RBS) on the Database Server is full with only 21.3 MB available on it. This is impacting the file upload functionality in SharePoint 2010.

Is there any Data Retention Policy that can be applied in the above scenario so as to the size does not grown in future.

Also is there any other way we can deal with this issue.

Regards,

Sudheer

Thanks & Regards, Sudheer

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:25 PM

All replies

• Add more space to the volume or delete content from SharePoint.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

We have already enhanced the drive space to 2TB and it cannot be expanded more than that due to operating system limitations.

What is happening is everyday due to uploaded process approximately 1.5 GB of data is being uploaded in the RBS enabled File stream drive on Database Server.

with that calculation our drive will run out of space with 1 month

So can you let me know how to handle the above scenario?

Regards,

Sudheer

Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:06 AM
  • You're way out of supported territory. Microsoft's RBS has a _max cap_ of 200GB on a content database + associated RBS content size. It sounds like you should discontinue use of RBS and put the data back into databases.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:31 PM
  • Hi,

I want to know if we can execute the command RBS.Migrate() directly on the production environment, its impact, does it require any downtime.

We have missed running this step while we were installing RBS on the Database Server while we did migration of SharePoint Database in SharePoint Server 2010.

Also our RBS enabled Filestream Drive on Database Servers is increasing @ rate of almost 4 GB per day. We want to avoid the drive space filling up rapidly by clearing deleted blobs. Please let us know of steps and procedures that needs to be performed in this regard.

Regards,

Sudheer

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 4:58 AM
  • You need to migrate your data back into the content database. I would strongly suggest you do any import from RBS to the database outside of business hours as it will generate a significant amount of I/O.

Trevor Seward

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:41 PM