none
VS 2015 & TFS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have VS2015 with SSDT and some SSIS projects.

I want to add them to TFS but I don't see the usual option "Add solution to source control" anyware and not even anything similar. Do I need to install any plugin? 

Thanks,

JD

Friday, October 18, 2019 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hi junidev,

Sorry for delay in reply.

As far as I know, SSDT without Visual Studio installation there will be some functionality that's not supported. This is because only certain features are available in the Visual Studio integrated shells which is included in the installation.

Depend on your requirement, you could copy and install the Team explorer extension from the directory in the machine with Visual Studio 2015 installation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\TeamExplorer.vsix

Then open project and click File -> Add to source control

Any feedback will be expected.

Cheers,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 21, 2019 5:12 AM
  • Hi JD,

Can you found the option 'Add to Source Control' option that Dylan recommended or successfully add those SSIS projects to the TFS? If not, please feel free to let us know and you can share the screenshot, that will help us analysis this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:50 AM