none
Get-SPTaxonomySession object is not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I wrote a PS script to export Term Sore however I am getting an error  "Get-SPTaxonomySession is not recognized as the name of a cmdlt". Get-SPTaxonomySession object is not found. I have already added Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Sharepoint.Powershell. 

Am I missing anything? Please help.

Knowledge is power.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 5:10 PM

All replies

• Please share the entire script, it's hard to say us with one line error. run the below script to make sure that command is working.

Add-PSSnapin "Microsoft.Sharepoint.Powershell"
    $session = Get-SPTaxonomySession -Site "https://sitename"
    $session

Note: This above example retrieves a TaxonomySession object, which can be used to access term stores associated with the Web application for a site.

below article script will export termset .csv file.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/PowerShell-for-SharePoint-a838b5d0

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thursday, July 2, 2020 9:49 PM
  • Hi,

Please also make sure you're running the script from SharePoint server.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 3, 2020 1:40 AM
  • Hi Sarath,

You just searched google for me which I have done already. Please try to understand my problem which I faced and answer to the particular problem only.

Knowledge is power.

Friday, July 3, 2020 3:59 AM
  • Yes, I am running the script from SP server only.

Knowledge is power.

Friday, July 3, 2020 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

May I know is any error if you try to import the module.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 3, 2020 6:01 AM