none
SharePoint 2013 Distributed Cache Setup RRS feed

• Question

• I have already production farm setup in SharePoint 2013 with 4 servers, now I am planning to add one more server dedicated for Distributed cache service alone. To perform this I need complete guided in detail like how to stop the distributed cache on existing machines and start the same on the new server. Please help me.

I have gone through various blogs I could not find solution meeting this scenario.

Thanks, Ram Ch

Friday, December 6, 2013 10:42 AM

All replies

• I typically follow this article and for the most part it has all the information you will need for DCS.

Check it out

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219613.aspx

Amit

Friday, December 6, 2013 10:53 AM
  • To run the DCS in dedicated mode, I am aware that we should have dedicated server in farm to run only DCS. Just want to correct myself , in this dedication mode do we need to stop this service on WFEs also along with application servers?

Thanks, Ram Ch

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:04 AM
  • Yes.
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:11 AM
  • Thanks Alex.

Do we need to have dedicated service account for DCS? like search,userproflie services.

Thanks, Ram Ch

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:29 AM
  • It will need to run under a managed account, you may want a separate account for it if your security policy so dictates, otherwise it could share another service account identity.
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:34 AM
  • First you need to decide what are the list of the servers that are going to act as Cache Host. Then you need to

Add-SPDistributedCacheServiceInstance on dedicate Cache Host

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:41 PM