none
Pending Changes pane will not preserve excluded selections RRS feed

• Question

• Hi One of our users is having a problem with Visual studio where the pending changes pane does not preserve excluded sections.  The next time he opens VS the files are no longer excluded from this view.

He has the latest version of VS, and we have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Shendog,

Sorry for delay in reply.

According to your description, we recommend that you could check these aspects below:

1. Please check whether you have select a specified workspace that you have excluded changes in that workspace.

2. If possible, could you please try to clear the TFS cache in

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\x.0\Cache

then try to drag the exclude changes that you want from Included Changes to Excluded Changes again and then restart VS to check whether it works. Note: clear cache could make the excluded changes back to Included Changes.

I also tried to reproduce your issue by connecting to Azure Devops -> New a solution -> choose Pending Changes -> modify something in Code Editor and save -> In Included Changes there added a new change -> right-click  -> Exclude ( then it appears to Excluded Changes ), after that, I closed VS2019 and restarted VS2019. However, the excluded changes still there and work well.

If I go to cache folder and delete the corresponding cache, changes preserved in Excluded Changed will disappear and back to Included Changes, so I think cache might affects this. Hope this could help you.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Hi Tianyu,  Thank you for your reply.  We tried clearing the cache file as per your recommendation, but unfortunately this did not resolve the problem.  Any other ideas?
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:20 PM
  • Hi Shendog,

Thank you for the feedback.

After my research, I’m afraid that there are not some better workarounds to resolve this issue. Usually, it will work after cleaning the cache of TFS.

If possible, you could try to create and use another workspaces to check if this issue could be resolved. Also, you could try to create a new project and save some excluded changes to see whether the issue depends on the project.

In addition, I have searched and found a similar issue, though it might not be the same as your issue but the suggestions might be helpful.

All excluded changes being included back automatically.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:24 AM
  • I have been using VS 2019 for months.  I just upgraded from version 16.3.3 to version 16.3.5 and now I have this problem too.  Clearing the cache did not fix the problem.  I am running VS as an administrator, if that matters.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:58 PM