none
How to add Site page library as a Left Navigation in Sharepoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a view with group by column names in Site Pages Library. So all pages are under Group By column names called Product.

So this view I want to add to Left Navigation. How to add Please suggest me the steps to implement with SharePoint Designer 2013.

I want Site Pages Library View as a Left navigation. Below are the screenshot. Please suggest me how to do it.

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hi

Site Settings->Quick Launch

You can New Navigation Link in it.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:59 AM
  • Under Site Settings-> Quick Launch, we can not create folders under folders in quick launch.

My requirement is whenever a new page is created and showing product and functions dropdowns in a window once we select the values then the page will place under the location.

So that reason I want to add Site Page Library view in Left Navigation.

Is it possible?

If possible, May I know how to get the code snippet? I tried in SharePoint Designer Code snippets location, there unable to find list or library web part code snippet.

Any one please help me, how to get list or library web part code snippet 

Friday, December 13, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Hi Srikanth,

Perform the below steps to achieve your requirement:

1. Click Edit in the Left Navigation.

2. Click 'Edit Links' link which appears now in left navigation.

3. Click +link(Add a link).

4. Enter the Text to display and address of your Site Pages view in the popup.

5. Click Ok.

Done.

Best Regards,

Vaibhav Antriwale

Friday, December 13, 2019 11:15 AM
  • Hi Vaibhav,

First please understood my requirement. don't say the basic things.

I have 9+ years of experience in SharePoint good in all versions.

I want to show the pages under my folder under under. that is not available in defaut OOT feature.

See the below screenshot, looks the same should be there in left navigation.

Srikanth V

SharePoint Architect

Friday, December 13, 2019 12:28 PM
  • Hi Srikanthv123,

There is no default OOT feature to achieve this goal. You may need to customize the Navigation bar using some code. Below blog shares some practices about modifying the bar, you may take a reference:

Best Regards,

Baker Kong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click  here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 16, 2019 6:40 AM