none
XAML Designer not loading post windows update.. windows 10 VS2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I recently got Win10 upgrade and post that my windows 8.1 project is not working. I am getting the error all of sudden. I am using VS2015 for this.

Also tried the solution from here but it did not help.

enter image description here

any suggestions?

Rohit

Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:13 AM

All replies

• Did you try repairing Visual Studio 2015?   Does this happen with a new project?
    Saturday, September 28, 2019 10:52 AM
  • Yes, I tried repairing but did not help. Yes, it happens with new project as well.. 

Rohit

Saturday, September 28, 2019 10:58 AM
  • On GitHub the is a visual studio uninstaller project.   Maybe uninstall VS 2015 with this and reinstall it will work.

https://github.com/Microsoft/VisualStudioUninstaller

Saturday, September 28, 2019 11:18 AM
  • Hi Rohit,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Have you tried the re-installation suggestion that Ken recommended? If this issue persists, please feel free to let us know.

Please go to Control Panel-Programs and Features, right click the SDK instance to uninstall it, then download it from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/sdk-archive and manually install. After that, right click the VS 2015 and More-Repair to repair VS 2015 and check this issue again.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 30, 2019 5:48 AM
  • I have these many .. Which one should I uninstall? all?

Rohit

Monday, September 30, 2019 6:46 PM
  • Hi Rohit,

Please try to remove the Windows 10.0.10586 and re-install it, or go to control panel-Programs and Features, right click the VS 2015 and Change-Modify, check if the Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Tools component is installed or not:

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 6:19 AM

• I have been trying to install this but this is not working. I uninstalled the VS and reinstalled it. I tried the SDK install from the VS installer as well as from the offline installer but this gets stuck every time.  

Rohit

Friday, October 4, 2019 4:38 PM