none
While copying or cut the any data getting error pup up invalid index (exception from hresult: 0x80020008 (DISP_E_BADINDEX))? RRS feed

• Question

• hi Team,

i am using vs 2017 and i am getting 

invalid index (exception from hresult: 0x80020008 (DISP_E_BADINDEX))?

i am creating simple hello world application also if i try to do any cut or copy the block of code it is getting error.

every time i am re-writing the code. 

help me. what to do and how to resolve this issue.

i didn't used any report or nothing.

Sunday, September 15, 2019 2:15 AM

Answers

• Hi anil,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

In your VS environment, did you install any other extensions in your VS which may affect your vs usage? Did you do any changes to VS or OS before this issue happened?

First ,you can try to use the command line to start your VS with the default environment and then create your project and copy the codes to check whether your VS has trouble.

devenv /SafeMode

If not, there may be some third party vs packages that cause this problem. Please follow these steps to have a try:

1. delete the files in %Local App Data%\Microsoft\Visual Studio\the Version of Vs\ComponentModelCache

2. Disable one extension and then copy the code in the created project to see if there isa problem, doing this step in turn for each extension.

3. do a repair in VS installer

4.update VS to the latest version

> >This is a similar issue which you can refer to:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/144503/copy-stoped-working-in-v1541-with-exception-invali.html

If these steps do not help you troubleshoot your issue, please share more information about any changes to the VS ,OS and installed program. 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide your code related to the issue?

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Sunday, September 15, 2019 3:28 AM
  • Hello,

Since you didn't mention the following please try, restart your computer or restart Visual Studio and try the operation again.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, September 15, 2019 11:58 AM
  • Hi anil,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is more related to Visual studio, I will move it to Visual Studio General Questions forum to get support.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:18 AM
  • Hi anil,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

In your VS environment, did you install any other extensions in your VS which may affect your vs usage? Did you do any changes to VS or OS before this issue happened?

First ,you can try to use the command line to start your VS with the default environment and then create your project and copy the codes to check whether your VS has trouble.

devenv /SafeMode

If not, there may be some third party vs packages that cause this problem. Please follow these steps to have a try:

1. delete the files in %Local App Data%\Microsoft\Visual Studio\the Version of Vs\ComponentModelCache

2. Disable one extension and then copy the code in the created project to see if there isa problem, doing this step in turn for each extension.

3. do a repair in VS installer

4.update VS to the latest version

> >This is a similar issue which you can refer to:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/144503/copy-stoped-working-in-v1541-with-exception-invali.html

If these steps do not help you troubleshoot your issue, please share more information about any changes to the VS ,OS and installed program. 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Thanks Perry!

i am following steps . sure i will get back soon..

Have a nice day

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:58 PM
  • thanks Perry. 

after opened in safe mode visual studio it is working and not getting any pop up errors.

regards,

Anil

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:07 PM