none
App catalog error RRS feed

  • Question

  • I was curious if anyone had come across this particular error before.  Recently a new web application was established on the farm and a new app catalog created.  Everything appeared to be fine, it was configured through the apps section of CA, permissions were set to everyone can read the catalog, and a request can be initiated from a site and successfully approved.  

    After adding an app from the site collection if a user attempts to load information about the app or utilize it an error is thrown of:

    "An error occurred during the compilation of the requested file, or one of its dependencies. The name 'IsInvalidRedirectUrl' does not exist in the current context"

    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:33 PM

All replies

  • Can you try to add it again and post the full ULS log for that.  What kind of app are you deploying. I have a feeling that it is a provider hosted app?


    Jerry Yasir - SharePoint MVP, MCT

    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 11:36 PM
  • Hi Alex,

    Did the error occur when user tried navigate to the app page?

    Is the app a custom app? If yes, please try to debug your code.

    Please try to reproduce the issue and provide more detailed error messages in ULS logs.

    An even better way to get the real SharePoint error from the ULS logs:

    http://habaneroconsulting.com/insights/An-Even-Better-Way-to-Get-the-Real-SharePoint-Error#.VT7uonkcQ5d

    Thanks,

    Dean Wang


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:59 AM
    Moderator
  • The error occurs when the user goes to site contents->click on app or when attempting to add it to the page.  For testing purposes I added an app from the Microsoft SharePoint store called My Locations.

    I've included the ULS log segments below:

    Application error when access /_layouts/15/appredirect.aspx, Error=c:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\AppRedirect.aspx(63): error CS0103: The name 'IsInvalidRedirectUrl' does not exist in the current context  
     at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()    
     at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()    
     at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)    
     at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)    
     at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)    
     at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)    
     at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp)    
     at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)    
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()    

    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:57 PM
  • Hi, we ran into this error.

    After installing the SharePoint Server 2013 January 2016 CU, we started getting "An error occurred during the compilation of the requested file, or one of its dependencies. The name 'IsInvalidRedirectUrl' does not exist in the current context" anytime we tried to open a SharePoint store or custom app.

    Running "PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures -cmd secureresources" resolved the issue for us.

    Hope this helps someone.

    • Proposed as answer by MThames Monday, March 21, 2016 4:14 PM
    Sunday, March 20, 2016 2:32 PM
  • We also ran into this issue after upgrading to the February 2016 CU on our DEV environment.  What is odd is our QA and PROD environments did not have this issue after deploying the February 2016 CU.  I found a SharePoint install that did not have any CUs installed, only SP1 and compared the appredirect.aspx file.  The following changes were made in the the January 2016 CU it appears to the appredirect.aspx file.

    Following lines added to the appredirect.aspx file in January CU:

    Monday, March 21, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Hi fellow admins,

    This issue occurs when you install CUs that contains changes to aspx pages that rely on dlls in app_bin and you do not run you psconfig in a way that it updates those files.

    I solved this issue with:

    PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures -cmd secureresources

    The applicationcontent parameter fixes this issue, the same should happen if you use stsadm -o copyappbincontent

    Be sure to do this on at least all WFEs.

    hth

    best regards

    Markus Feldmann


    Markus Feldmann - mind-it ug if it helps you, please mark as answer.

    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:42 AM
  • The above reply is solved this issue.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 6:57 AM