none
SharePoint Designer Workflow Recurring Email Notifications Until Task Complete RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble getting a SharePoint workflow to work.

I created a Calendar where people can add events. On the day they return from an event, a workflow is set up to send them a notification to complete a survey.

I need a separate workflow created to send the person that added the event weekly reminders until it is complete. If still not complete within 90 days, the workflow stops. Please help...in the most simple terms possible!

I'm currently using SharePoint 2013. The Calendar is a view created from the list. The survey questions are on the same list, just a separate view.

I'm also open to creating the workflow in SharePoint 2010.

• Edited by ShericeWill Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:40 PM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:40 PM

All replies

• Hi ShericeWill,

What did you mean return from an event?

And we could create a 2013 workflow to achieve your requirement, please follow below steps:

1.create a Variable of Date and Time to store the return date plus 90 days as shown below:(in my case, I use “Created” column as return date you said)

2.Then use “Add time to date” action to add 90 days to return date and output to the variable Date+90.

3.Use “if value equals value” action to limit the end date of email reminder.

4.And use “Loop with condition” action to repeatedly send emails weekly to person who created current item.

Please note we need create a “finish” column in survey view to verify whether the survey has been finished.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:13 AM
  • I appreciate your response! Return from an event is the Event End Date.

The workflow didn't work. While creating the variable Date+90 and after selecting Next, what is the Default value?

- None

- Today's date

I think I tried both and still didn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:59 PM
  • Hi ShericeWill,

I am currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 16, 2019 6:32 AM
  • Hi ShericeWill,

Please refer below steps to create the workflow:

1.Create a workflow variable CurrentDate as Date and time type and the default value is current date as shown below:

2.Create a variable EndDate+90 as same type and the default value is None.

3.Use “Add time to Date” action to add 90 days on Current item “End time” and Output to the Variable EndDate+90. And we could use “Log to history” action to verify the value of the variables and current items.

4.Then use” If any value equals value” action to verify whether current date is within the timeline of sending the email, please note we could not trigger a workflow in the specific date ”End date”, so we need to verify the current date.

Best regards,

Julie

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:30 AM
  • Hi ShericeWill,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Julie

Friday, December 20, 2019 1:28 AM