none
How to resolve issue An error occurred during the compilation of the requested file, or one of its dependencies. Could not write to output file The directory name is invalid in sharepoint 2010? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi Simha,

Make sure you don't have a host-based antivirus scanner scanning C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\*. A full list of exclusions can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952167

Next step would be to run an iisreset /stop, clean out that directory, then iisreset /start.

Below are the article with similar issue as well:

https://thesharepointfarm.com/2014/07/sharepoint-asp-net-compilation-errors-cs0016/

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, June 17, 2019 2:17 PM
  • Hi, SimhaVL,

Suggestions from Sharath is a good direction. If that does not help, please use the Correlation ID to check the ULS logs and the Windows event viewer for more detailed error message. 

You need to get ULS viewer first. Then log on to server and ope the logs. Then, using filter, get only logs with correlation id from the page In the related logs you will see the stack trace of your problem and most likely the exception.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Hi SimhaVL,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:13 AM
  • I checked on serviceaccount path inside Temp folder missing directory. after I created a Temp folder on Serviceaccount path after reset with IIS server then I checked with my sharepoint site layouts based page and webparts working fine.

Thank you, 

sharath aluri

Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:52 PM
  • Hi SimhaVL,

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer, it will be beneficial to others in the community who meet this similar issue in the future. 

Thanks for your understanding.

sharath aluri

Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:12 PM