none
TCM.exe utility missing from Visual Studio 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just migrated from Visual Studio 2017 to Visual Studio 2019.  I noticed that the TCM.EXE tool is nowhere to be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\Common7\IDE folder.  Is there an installation option that I need to use in order for TCM.EXE to get installed?  I hope this tool was not removed from Visual Studio 2019.
    Monday, June 3, 2019 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Ken Varn,

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Visual studio 2019 is a new version and it is not comprehensive enough currently. So I suggest you could report to MS product team through open VS -> click “provide a suggestion” in upper right of IDE asking for adding this feature in VS2019.

After that, please be patient waiting for the response from the VS Product Team Engineers. If it gets more votes, the product team experts would think about adding it in the future product.

Thank for your understanding. BTW, I hope you could post that link here, so other community members who are interested in this issue will help you vote it. 

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 3:54 AM
  • Hi Ken Varn,

Visual studio 2019 is a new version and it is not comprehensive enough currently. So I suggest you could report to MS product team through open VS -> click “provide a suggestion” in upper right of IDE asking for adding this feature in VS2019.

After that, please be patient waiting for the response from the VS Product Team Engineers. If it gets more votes, the product team experts would think about adding it in the future product.

Thank for your understanding. BTW, I hope you could post that link here, so other community members who are interested in this issue will help you vote it. 

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

I can understand that if VS 2019 was a Release Candidate, but the product is now General Availability.  Seems like a big oversight to have a vital tool missing from the installation suite that was in previous versions of Visual Studio.

I have submitted the suggestion to the MS Product Team, but I am wondering how long it will take Microsoft to get around to adding this tool back into VS.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 1:29 PM
  • Hi KenVarn,

The product team would provide feedback as soon as possible, and you could post that link here, so other community members who are interested in this suggestion will help you vote it. 

Thank you for patience.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Thursday, June 6, 2019 7:34 AM
    • Edited by Ken Varn Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:49 PM
    Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Hi KenVan,

Thank you for sharing the link. Hopefully the product team could provide feedback soon.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Thursday, June 6, 2019 2:37 PM