none
SharePoint 2010 Approval Workflow email is not showing link to Workflow Task list

Question

• Hi,

I have created an out of box Approval workflow in SharePoint 2010. I am receiving email with below information

Task assigned by Chinna Malipedu on 10/7/2010.

Due by 1/1/0001

Approval started by Chinna Malipedu on 10/7/2010 11:43 AM
    Comment: Approve

To complete this task:
    1. Review SharePoint2010.
    2. Perform the specific activities required for this task.
    3. Use the Open this task button to mark the task as completed. (If you cannot update this task, you might not have access to it.)

But I need to go to Workflow Task List by clicking 3 item "Use the Open this Task" , this is not a link here

or I want like "Edit this task to mark the task as completed."  Edit this task should link to Task List

How to do this? do i missing any configuration?

I have successfully done the same  in MOSS 2007.                                                               Is there  any extra steps  do I need  to do while creating an OOB  workflow  in SPS 2010 getting the next approver's task link?

thnx in advance.

PrasadWT PrasadWT
    • Changed type PrasadWT Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:56 AM q
    Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you post the whole email body(please highlight the links) into forum and make this case more clear.

At least the name of the document should be a link and the “Open”  is not a link, it’s a button of outlook.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

Stanfford

Everything will be fine.
    • Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Friday, October 15, 2010 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you post the whole email body(please highlight the links) into forum and make this case more clear.

At least the name of the document should be a link and the “Open”  is not a link, it’s a button of outlook.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

Stanfford

Everything will be fine.
    • Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Friday, October 15, 2010 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:52 AM
  • Please find email body as below

Task assigned by Chinna Malipedu on 10/7/2010.

Due by 1/1/0001

Approval started by Chinna Malipedu on 10/7/2010 5:15 PM
    Comment: Please Approve

To complete this task:
    1. Review 09 Upgrade Learn.
    2. Perform the specific activities required for this task.
    3. Use the Open this task button to mark the task as completed. (If you cannot update this task, you might not have access to it.)

PrasadWT PrasadWT
    Monday, October 18, 2010 5:42 AM
  • Thanks for you updating.

can you use the "Open this task" button to mark this task?

the button is near to "subject"filed.

Everything will be fine.
    Monday, October 18, 2010 9:22 AM
  • Yes, How to make this as Task Item link?

I am getting below workflow email in one of MOSS 2007 Project

I need exactly similar as below in SharePoint 2010

Task change made by Prasad on 8/3/2010 was not accepted.

The user who attempted to complete the task is not the user to whom the task is assigned.

To complete this task:

• Review Test.pdf.
    • Perform the specific activities required for this task.
    • Edit this task to mark the task as completed.

Monday, October 18, 2010 10:43 AM
  • I was having the same issue when i started the Publishing Workflow.. I needed a direct link to the task, instead of accessing it from the email. I found this solution

Click the

• Review Test.pdf.  link.

Once page opens up, click the PUBLISH tab on the ribbon and select "view tasks" this should allow you to approve the item after review.

Hope this helps.

• A. Fagan
Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:21 PM
  • I am having the same issue. I do not see a Open this task button on the email. Please help.
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:16 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem, I get the above email sent to the task assignee informing them to click the Open this task button, but there is no Open this task button as the client is Lotus Notes. Reading some forums it seems that if the client is not Outlook, there should be an Edit this task link in the email but this is not appearing, just the above email.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Doug

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:39 PM
  • The reason for this is because SharePoint 2010 assumes you have Outlook as your mail client and the email that is sent out eludes to an Open this Task button which in Outlook appears on the toolbar. For non-Outlook mail clients such as Lotus Notes, you need to change the message that is sent out  to include these links. This is how to do it:

Open the site collection with SharePoint Designer

Open Workflows

Click on Document Approval and make a copy of it and give it a unique name

Edit the workflow

Edit a single task in the workflow

Wherever there is a workflow step to send an email, edit it and check the text, I changed the text to "Open this task to accept or reject the approval, or View the status of this task for more actions"

Change Open this task to a hyperlink (on the toolbar) and set the location to %currentTask:form_URN%

Change View the status of this task to a hyperlink and set the location to %workflowContext:WorkflowStatusUrl%

Save the workflow

Globally deploy the workflow

In each document library, add a new workflow using the new global workflow above

Set the workflow to be used as document approval

Doug Chandler SharePoint Application Architect

• Proposed as answer by Doug Chandler Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:44 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:43 PM