Groove to SharePoint Workspace 2010 - Can't login RRS feed

• Question

• Hi TEAM!

We have been running Groove 2007 using the Microsoft accounts (not running our own server).  I installed SharePoint Workspace 2010 on my new laptop and recovered my account (from a file).  All my workspaces appeared (we are not running Sharepoint 2010) and synced correctly.  I recently changed my windows password from my desktop and logged into Windows from my laptop (to ensure my cached credentials are updated when I work from home).

I can no longer open Sharepoint Workspace 2010.  When I try, it give me a dialog that says "Welcome to Sharepoint Workspace" and shows the Sharepoint Workspace 2010 icon and my username.  At the bottom is a little button that says Login.  When I click it, it says "Account recovery failed, see the help" or something to that effect.  Of course, I cannot view help becuase the app will not open. 

I looked up the help online and learned that SW is using my Windows account.  So I'm thinking that maybe I need to drive to the office and launch Sharepoint Workspace from my laptop.  I tried VPNing in and then launching SW but that did not help.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going wrong?

--Robert
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:27 PM

Answers

• I ran groove.exe /clean /all to clear my account and all my workspaces.  I restored my account from a file and am now re-downloading all the workspaces.  While this solution sucks, atleast I can access my files again.
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:41 AM

All replies

• Update:
    I went into the office and booted my laptop.  I still receive the same error message when launching SharPoint Workspaces 2010.  I also should mention I recently exported my account to a file and changed the password I use to secure (the password matches my Windows logon password).  I tried importing that file onto my laptop but it says the account is already configured.  I would just delete my account from my laptop but I can't even get in SharePoint Workspaces 2010 right now.

--Robert
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 9:47 PM
  • I ran groove.exe /clean /all to clear my account and all my workspaces.  I restored my account from a file and am now re-downloading all the workspaces.  While this solution sucks, atleast I can access my files again.
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:41 AM