none
Sharepoint Lists and lookup fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I've been looking forever, but can't find the expressions online to find a solution.

Situation:

- I have a site "Accounting"

- I have a site "Customers" with subsites "Customer A", "Customer B", etc.

In accounting, there is a list of expenses which I imported from Excel. Every row is now a item in that list. I have added columns to add dates and amounts. But now I want a dropdown box that is populated with the list of subsites in "Customers".

For example, I have an expense I add to the list in the site "Accounting" and want to add it to Customer A. I would like to be able to get a dropdown with all the customers I have created (as subsites in "Customers"), instead of having to manually input it.

is there a solution? I already found the content search web part which can list all subsites (Display subsites in a WebPart). But I can't point to this list when I create a lookup field in my list).

Any ideas?

Saturday, May 9, 2015 2:10 PM

All replies

• hi

what about a powershell scheduled script which will parse all your subsite and will populate your column in site Accounting

Let me know if you need more details

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Monday, May 11, 2015 12:33 PM
  • Cool,

but kinda found something cool in the process.

A list that is filled with customers and a workflow that generates Subsites, the other wat around. But the script has some bugs I'm trying to iron out. Any ideas on that?

https://www.dmcinfo.com/latest-thinking/blog/id/8661/create-site-from-template-using-sharepoint-2013-workflow

Cheers.

PS: Do you have a king for the Powershelgl, just so I can give it a try? Thx.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:59 AM