none
Sharepoint 2013 Cache Error RRS feed

• Question

• hi.

i´m administration a client site, and after the sharepoint installation everything was running fine, then i used my backups to get the sites working in the production environment. everything work fine for a few weeks.

but now i´m getting a cache error and i´m constantly getting asked for credentials to enter anything on the site, and even if i put the credentials it wont work :(

my event viewer errors are all related with cache:

error 1: (sorry for error being report in Portuguese)

O método Executar da definição de tarefa Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.LMTRepopulationJob (ID f392dc62-7b9a-459e-adfa-c30361974a3f) gerou uma exceção. São incluídas abaixo mais informações.

Exceção inesperada em FeedCacheService.IsRepopulationNeeded: Connection to the server terminated,check if the cache host(s) is running .

error 2: (again sorry)

O método Executar da definição de tarefa Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.LMTRepopulationJob (ID f392dc62-7b9a-459e-adfa-c30361974a3f) gerou uma exceção. São incluídas abaixo mais informações.

Exceção inesperada em FeedCacheService.IsRepopulationNeeded: Cache cluster is down, restart the cache cluster and Retry.

i´ve tried so far the re installation of the service, but i´m not being succeeded.

So far i ran this powershell to recreate the cache cluster:

Remove-SPDistributedCacheServiceInstance
    $SPFarm = Get-SPFarm
    $cacheClusterName = "SPDistributedCacheCluster_" + $SPFarm.Id.ToString()
    $cacheClusterManager = [Microsoft.SharePoint.DistributedCaching.Utilities.SPDistributedCacheClusterInfoManager]::Local
    $cacheClusterInfo = $cacheClusterManager.GetSPDistributedCacheClusterInfo($cacheClusterName);
    $instanceName ="SPDistributedCacheService Name=AppFabricCachingService"
    $serviceInstance = Get-SPServiceInstance | ? {($_.Service.Tostring()) -eq $instanceName -and ($_.Server.Name) -eq $env:computername}
    if([System.String]::IsNullOrEmpty($cacheClusterInfo.CacheHostsInfoCollection))
    {
    $serviceInstance.Delete()
    }
    • After this we ran following command
    $SPFarm = Get-SPFarm
    $cacheClusterName = "SPDistributedCacheCluster_" + $SPFarm.Id.ToString()
    $cacheClusterManager = [Microsoft.SharePoint.DistributedCaching.Utilities.SPDistributedCacheClusterInfoManager]::Local
    $cacheClusterInfo = $cacheClusterManager.GetSPDistributedCacheClusterInfo($cacheClusterName);
    $instanceName ="SPDistributedCacheService Name=AppFabricCachingService"
    $serviceInstance = Get-SPServiceInstance | ? {($_.Service.Tostring()) -eq $instanceName -and ($_.Server.Name) -eq $env:computername}
    if([System.String]::IsNullOrEmpty($cacheClusterInfo.CacheHostsInfoCollection))
    {
    Add-SPDistributedCacheServiceInstance
    $cacheClusterInfo.CacheHostsInfoCollection
    }

didn´t worked still, so i created a new cache cluster DB on my SQL, with the appfabric configuration wizard.

no luck still.

Friday, October 4, 2013 1:26 PM

Answers