Insert Image to Web-Enabled InfoPath Forms. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    i want when end-user click on button in web browser-enabled infopath form, an image insert to form, then save to sharepoint library. can i do this ? if yes how to ?
    thanks
    this is my Signature
    Monday, July 13, 2009 9:50 PM

Answers

• Picture controls aren't supported in browser forms.  You'll have to use a rich-text editor workaround, I believe:

http://www.bizsupportonline.net/browserforms/display-images-infopath-browser-form.htm

Although the RTE method does allow you to show images linked from SharePoint, it does not allow for you to attach the file to the form and send it to a library.  It can only link to and display images that are already in a SharePoint library. 

As an aside, Qdabra has a qRule called SaveToSharePoint, which can dynamically strip all attachments from your form and save them automatically to a pre-defined doc lib upon submit.  The problem is it needs to be a rich client form to perform this operation.  You have a "chicken before the egg" scenario here.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Monday, July 13, 2009 9:56 PM

All replies

• Picture controls aren't supported in browser forms.  You'll have to use a rich-text editor workaround, I believe:

http://www.bizsupportonline.net/browserforms/display-images-infopath-browser-form.htm

Although the RTE method does allow you to show images linked from SharePoint, it does not allow for you to attach the file to the form and send it to a library.  It can only link to and display images that are already in a SharePoint library. 

As an aside, Qdabra has a qRule called SaveToSharePoint, which can dynamically strip all attachments from your form and save them automatically to a pre-defined doc lib upon submit.  The problem is it needs to be a rich client form to perform this operation.  You have a "chicken before the egg" scenario here.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 9:56 PM

Hi & many Thanks Clayton
    but rte is not suitable control for my goal, i want to insert signature image of current user (maybe include transparency) in the form. on the other side, i think rte is not supported in web-browsable form.
    this is my Signature
    Monday, July 13, 2009 10:12 PM
  • Yes, RTE is.  Did you not read the link?  It's ONLY talking about browser-enabled forms.  As I said, picture controls are not available in browser forms, so you can't insert an image.  You can display an image linked from somewhere else by using an RTB.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 10:27 PM
  • Yes, RTE is.  Did you not read the link?  It's ONLY talking about browser-enabled forms.  As I said, picture controls are not available in browser forms, so you can't insert an image.  You can display an image linked from somewhere else by using an RTB.

Hi Clayton
    Ok, if i place my images in picture library, is there any way to display image in form (that have link to that image exists in picture Library) in browser enabled ?

Another way : is there any way to create a new image control for infopath ?
    thanks
    this is my Signature
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:54 PM
  • Yes, you use the link I provided (argh =P) that says to use a rich text box and display it as a link:

Use a Rich Text Box control to display an image. While a Rich Text Box control cannot display embedded images when you use the control in browser forms served through InfoPath Forms Services in SharePoint, it can display linked images. The image must be published on a web server and accessible through an URL. You can then use an IMG element to add a link to the image to the Rich Text Box field. This will display the image in the Rich Text Box control in the browser form. For more information on how to do this, see How to display images in a repeating table in a browser form using a Rich Text Box control

You could maybe code your own, but if SYM Wong-A-Ton hasn't done that despite making these blog posts, then I would imagine it's not easily done, but maybe possible.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:57 PM
  • Thanks Clayton
    but your link does not work.
    this is my Signature
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:03 PM
  • The first link I gave you does work, and this text is just a paste from there.  You need to start with the first link, which has had all your answers from the beginning.  The text I pasted later got the link messed up by this forum, but I have fixed it now.  You will see that text and that link after you go to the first link at the top of this thread.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:11 PM
  • Thanks Clayton.
    best regards
    this is my Signature
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:35 PM
  • Hamed, if I haven't answered your questions yet, please let us know what you still need to know in order to considered the question "answered."  Thanks!
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:21 PM