Access external APIs (using oAuth 2.0 token) from SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We intend to access an external API (Successfactors/BizX REST APIs) from our sharepoint page.

In the documentation guide for these APIs, we need to register the client (i.e. SharePoint), to access their content (using company name, application name & X509 certificates). 

Has someone done something similar. As I understand, some of the steps as below:

1. Register the client (by an X509 private& public key certificate)

Following is the documentation for accessing the APIs:

• API for Generating SAML Assertion (Generate a signed SAML assertion.)
    • API for Requesting a User Token Using SAML Assertion(Request a Token. A signed SAML Assertion identifying a SAML IDP and the user must be provided because a request parameter acts as a SAML service provider for the client’s SAML IDP.)
    • API for Validating Generated Token (Validate the generated token.)
    • Access OData API (Access OData API with the generated Bearer authorization token)

Any pointers would be helpful

Vijay

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As Successfators Bizx is a third party product, I suggest you can contact the corresponding support for more detailed information.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:12 AM