none
How to trouble-shoot "An error occurred during local report processing" with client side Microsoft reporting - VS2010 Winform RRS feed

• Question

• The full error message is:

"An error has occurred during local report processing  An error has occurred during report processing. DataSet2"

The report has two datasets and two tablix'es bound to separate BindingList's of business objects. It was working until I added new properties to one of the business objects.

After adding the new properties, in the VS designer I did a Rebind Data Sources on the ReportViewer instance on my form.  The Rebind created two NEW BindingSources on the form (alongside the two original ones), which I then (stupidly) deleted. Now the app is broken. 

How do I now determine what's broken?

Thanks!

D

Friday, July 1, 2011 4:44 PM

Answers

• Fixed it:  I opened ReportViewer Tasks of the ReportViewer instance on the form and selected Chose Data Sources. Both DataSet1 and DataSet2 no longer had associated Data Source Instances.  Re-selected the Data Source Instances, and it now works.

D

• Marked as answer by dthouston Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:05 PM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 5:00 PM

All replies

• Fixed it:  I opened ReportViewer Tasks of the ReportViewer instance on the form and selected Chose Data Sources. Both DataSet1 and DataSet2 no longer had associated Data Source Instances.  Re-selected the Data Source Instances, and it now works.

D

• Marked as answer by dthouston Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:05 PM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 5:00 PM
  • Howdy,

Thanks for that followup :). I recently run into a similar issue, and after I read your solution I checked the datasource and simply pressed ok, afterwards the report ran without complaints. A rather weird issue, if you ask me.

Cheers

Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:30 PM
  • Will you please elaborate it. How to open opened ReportViewer Tasks of the ReportViewer instance on the form

Taskheer

Sunday, February 11, 2018 11:10 AM
  • This will be good to reply with an example using pictures for all understanding.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:39 AM
  • Difficult to understand the solution. Kindly elaborate with pictures for batter understnding.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:41 AM
  • I tried the same, but doesn't seemed to work out for me. Kindly help with regard to the same.
    Thursday, January 30, 2020 4:09 PM