locked
Error 105 Bingads API v9 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi!

    I am using bingad v9, OAUTH(2), have a developer token (not the single account type but multiple).

    I do the normal OAUTH process, recive the tokens nicely, try to download a list of campaigns and all the time receive this 105 error.

    Here is the request:

    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="https://bingads.microsoft.com/CampaignManagement/v9">
        <SOAP-ENV:Header>
            <ns1:AuthenticationToken>FRESH-ACCESS-TOKEN</ns1:AuthenticationToken>
            <ns1:CustomerAccountId>DEST-ACCOUNTS-ID</ns1:CustomerAccountId>
            <ns1:DeveloperToken>MY-DEV-TOKEN</ns1:DeveloperToken>
        </SOAP-ENV:Header>
        <SOAP-ENV:Body>
            <ns1:GetCampaignsByAccountIdRequest>
                <ns1:AccountId>DEST-ACCOUNTS-ID</ns1:AccountId>
            </ns1:GetCampaignsByAccountIdRequest>
        </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    The response:

    <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
        <s:Body>
            <s:Fault>
                <faultcode>s:Server</faultcode>
                <faultstring xml:lang="en-US">Invalid client data. Check the SOAP fault details for more information</faultstring>
                <detail>
                    <AdApiFaultDetail xmlns="https://adapi.microsoft.com" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                        <TrackingId>6cf68006-fe07-4824-af2e-3a5612c48878</TrackingId>
                        <Errors>
                            <AdApiError>
                                <Code>105</Code>
                                <Detail i:nil="true"/>
                                <ErrorCode>InvalidCredentials</ErrorCode>
                                <Message>Authentication failed. Either supplied credentials are invalid or the account is inactive</Message>
                            </AdApiError>
                        </Errors>
                    </AdApiFaultDetail>
                </detail>
            </s:Fault>
        </s:Body>
    </s:Envelope>

    I am aware that this is too generic, but I am simply clueless by now. I would share my real credentials but it wouldn't be wise here so please let me know to whom may I send in private so it might be checked if they are still working (I mean my developer token - I got it a few months ago. Do they expire?)

    I noticed that if I put a dummy number instead of my dev token I get the same error. So my dev token is dead?

    I tried to send the request without customer accoint id. Nothing changed, still 105.
    A few months ago there was a bug with the wsdl, back then I got the advice to use singlewsdl. I did, but also I used the normal wsdl for camapign management. No difference, 105's everywhere.

    But I also did something else: I used my destination account same as the account that is being authorised and in that case everything works!!!!!! In this case I have put a dummy dev token and then 105 came again. So it seems like my dev token is still ok. Then when I authorise a different account this 105 error comes in again. Forgot to mention that the account that I authorise is active. Also I checked on the namespaces and wsdl stuff...all updated.

    Every time before auth, I do clean the permissions previously granted in the destination account...

    Any help is greatly welcome!!!! As I said I send my real data for checks to the Bingads gurus, just let me know to whom.

    Pretty much desparate by now....maybe I am missing something obvious, but thanks again for the help!

    Kindest regards
    ---Steve

    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:19 PM

Answers

  • Hi Steve.

    You can find escalation details here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa983155.aspx#engagesupport

    I hope this helps!

    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:27 PM
  • Hi Eric!

    Thanks for the advice. It helped. One of the problems I had that I wasn't completely aware of the customerAccountId in the header and in the body of the request. Straightened it out.

    The other info that helped a lot - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa983155.aspx:

    Code 105

    Typically indicates usage of an incorrect username, password, or developer token for the target environment. For example your credentials may be valid in production, and when targeting sandbox you would observe code 105.

    Code 106

    Typically indicates that while the credentials are correct for the target environment, the user does not have access to one of the entities specified in the request. For example, calling SubmitGenerateReportwhere the specified user does not have permissions to the specified account identifier."

    Thanks for the help!
    ---Steve


    Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:36 AM

All replies

  • Hi Steve.

    You can find escalation details here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa983155.aspx#engagesupport

    I hope this helps!

    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:27 PM
  • Hi Eric!

    Thanks for the advice. It helped. One of the problems I had that I wasn't completely aware of the customerAccountId in the header and in the body of the request. Straightened it out.

    The other info that helped a lot - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa983155.aspx:

    Code 105

    Typically indicates usage of an incorrect username, password, or developer token for the target environment. For example your credentials may be valid in production, and when targeting sandbox you would observe code 105.

    Code 106

    Typically indicates that while the credentials are correct for the target environment, the user does not have access to one of the entities specified in the request. For example, calling SubmitGenerateReportwhere the specified user does not have permissions to the specified account identifier."

    Thanks for the help!
    ---Steve


    Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:36 AM