none
Visual Studio fails to load design view (Xamarin). RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen advice to start VS as Administrator, but then I can't find my project, because it owned by non-administrator (the other) user. But after I just restart VS it loads succesfully again, but I can't restart VS every time I changes xaml file.
    Monday, October 14, 2019 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi john_j100,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What error did you face when you changed xaml file? Did you have specific error message? 

##but then I can't find my project, because it owned by non-administrator (the other) user. 

> > Did you mean that the project is licensed?

##But after I just restart VS it loads succesfully again, but I can't restart VS every time I changes xaml file.

> >When you edit xaml file, is there a red line at the bottom of the code or is it the whole thing? 

Or did all your forms open with errors?

If it's just a matter of loading xaml files, you can do it by this setting.

Tools-->Options-->XAML Designer-->General->check Enable XAML Designer option

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:51 AM
  • Hi.

##What error did you face when you changed xaml file? Did you have specific error message?

No errors, no nothing. It's just happens because I edit it.

##> > Did you mean that the project is licensed?

No, I mean right of users on Windows.

What you suggested was enabled.

• Edited by john_j100 Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:17 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:17 PM
  • Hi john_j100,

What screen do you encounter when you click into the xaml file? If possible, please provide us with relevant screenshots so that we can quickly locate the problem.

Also, you said "Visual Studio fails to load design view",did it mean when you open it and then edit it, you cannot save or reload the xaml file.

>> Perhaps you can try these steps:

1. run VS with /safemode

2. do a repair in VS Installer

3. if VS can be updated, please update it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:56 AM
  • I did repair and update, decided not to do safemode as I don't have anything 3rd-party installed.

Now the problem is such:

after I edit xaml in text mode I see that designer isn't updated, that happens every time; it updates only after I build or debug (after which it launches on a device, which I don't need for a while). And F5 doesn't just refresh it builds/debugs which too cause launching on a device.

I tried just to edit a text on a button - no changes on the designer. No errors.

• Edited by john_j100 Friday, October 18, 2019 9:40 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hi john_j100,

Thanks for your feedback.

First, you should make sure that you have installed the Xarmian Workload.

> > 1.Try to delete the .vs folder in the physical path of the solution 

2. reopen your project and remember to save your modification when you finish it.

Best Regards,

Perry

Monday, October 21, 2019 9:37 AM