Visual Studio Community 2019 recent update issue RRS feed

• Question

• I was working on MS Word Web Add-in project which was working completely fine then i chose to update my visual studio and since then i am getting this attached error. I have done every single solution provided over the internet even repaired my visual studio. All other projects are working completely fine. Please its an important project i need a solution to revert my update.

Monday, August 10, 2020 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hi FaizaNasir,

I am sorry to say that you can’t roll back to a previous version of Visual Studio 2019 Community.

About the error, have you tried creating a new project and copying code to the new project?

Or you could run “Developer Command Prompt” -> enter “devenv /ResetSettings” to restore your Visual Studio default settings.

Then, delete the .vs folder from your project folder and rebuild your project.

By the way, since this issue is more related to Office development, you could also report it in Stack Overflow tagged office-js in case there are any problems about the World Web Add-in project in the future.

Hoping everything goes well.

Sincerely,

Anna

" Visual Studio Setup and Installation " forum will be migrating to a new home on  Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the " Visual Studio Setup and Installation " forums new home on  Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, August 11, 2020 3:30 AM
  • I have tried new project even another developer in my team on his own system after vs update faced the same issue. I will try your given solution i did try only removing vs folder even that didn't help.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2020 9:23 AM
  • Hi FaizaNasir,

The Visual Studio Community 2019 version 16.7.1 has been released. You could try to update your Visual Studio and check if the error disappears.

Sincerely,

Anna

" Visual Studio Setup and Installation " forum will be migrating to a new home on  Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the " Visual Studio Setup and Installation " forums new home on  Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 6:01 AM
  • Hi FaizaNasir,

Have you tried other suggestions or upgrade to the VS latest version to test it? If you have any updates, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 20, 2020 9:41 AM