none
Sharepoint 2013 Hosting RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased Office 365 and see that I can access what I think is a SharePoint server. Does SharePoint 2013 server accessability come with Office 365. I've been looking to purchase a SharePoint 2013 Enterprise hosting package.  Do I need to purchase a hosting plan or is what I'm access in Office 365 the same thing.
    Friday, October 23, 2015 12:20 AM

Answers

• Depending on the O365 plan you purchased you received licenses to SharePoint Online.  SharePoint Online is the O365 hosted version of SharePoint.  The codebase for SharePoint Online is not exactly SharePoint 2013 but close.  It is actually much closer to the SharePoint 2016 codebase.  So if SharePoint Online was included in your O365 plan, then yes you have a MS hosted version of SharePoint.

Friday, October 23, 2015 2:59 PM

All replies

• If i am not getting wrong then the default authentication in SharePoint 2013 is Claims based authentication, that is also what is configured in SharePoint Online.

Cloud migration can be a tedious task without the right solution. Lepide Meteor suite has all you need to analyze/upgrade/migrate your current Exchange environment to Office 365 and also helps you migrate any legacy File Servers, SharePoint and Public Folders to SharePoint, Office 365 or OneDrive as required.

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Depending on the O365 plan you purchased you received licenses to SharePoint Online.  SharePoint Online is the O365 hosted version of SharePoint.  The codebase for SharePoint Online is not exactly SharePoint 2013 but close.  It is actually much closer to the SharePoint 2016 codebase.  So if SharePoint Online was included in your O365 plan, then yes you have a MS hosted version of SharePoint.

Friday, October 23, 2015 2:59 PM