none
Sum values in a column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to have the sum of the values of a column .. however the range is not definate.. a.. i.e we need to check till the last rec.. and need to get the sum

pls help

Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:55 AM

Answers

• When you total a column in a table, it totals everything in that column in that table. If you have a filter on that table, you will be totalling the subset of the data that the filter allows. You really need to specify what you mean by "the range is not definate". Are you meaning that you want to total everything regardless of filters?
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:55 AM

All replies

• Use the matrix report.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:47 AM
  • i am new to VBA .. so donot understand wht u meant by matrix report ..
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:51 AM
  • When you total a column in a table, it totals everything in that column in that table. If you have a filter on that table, you will be totalling the subset of the data that the filter allows. You really need to specify what you mean by "the range is not definate". Are you meaning that you want to total everything regardless of filters?
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:55 AM
  • Just open your project and select the matrix report,

select the column group and row group ie. what will be your column and rows then select the subtotal

it will give you total of all the columns and rows in the last colmn as well as rows

Regards,

Manoj Verma

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:01 PM