Visual Web Studio - templates missing!!? RRS feed

• Question

• I dont know what I did but I cannot open a New Web site ?   I get NO VISUAL STUDIO TEMPLATE INFORMATION FOUND , then in the Event Viewer I get

The Visual Studio template information is out of date. Regenerate the templates by running 'VWDExpress /installvstemplates' or reinstalling Visual Studio. Note: corrective action requires Administrator privileges.

I have reinstalled web developer and the /installvstemplates is not in that folder!  Can someone PLEASE help me!!  I NEED MY WEB DEVELOPER!!!!

Thursday, June 7, 2007 11:49 PM

Answers

• /installvstemplates is not a template.  It is a command line switch to Visual Studio.

Open a Visual Studio comand prompt and type this command:  VWDExpress /installvstemplates

You should find the shortcut to the Visual Studio command prompt in the Start menu.

Chris

Friday, June 8, 2007 2:31 PM

All replies

• /installvstemplates is not a template.  It is a command line switch to Visual Studio.

Open a Visual Studio comand prompt and type this command:  VWDExpress /installvstemplates

You should find the shortcut to the Visual Studio command prompt in the Start menu.

Chris

Friday, June 8, 2007 2:31 PM
  • ah.. so do it from the Run menu?  --
    Friday, June 8, 2007 4:14 PM
  • OH YES!  Very helpful!  Thank you!  It was not clear to me to run this from the RUN menu.  Thanks SO much!
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 3:54 AM