none
SharePoint 2013 - Application Server Job Failed (Event ID 6481)

Question

• I recently migrated to another database (SQL Server). There were a few bumps in the road but, I managed to complete that successfully. However, in the event log, I am getting these error messages, every minute:

Application Server job failed for service instance Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance (1e57dbfe-92b2-4418-a81e-6570e8c672d1).

Reason: This operation uses the SharePoint Administration service (spadminV4), which could not be contacted.  If the service is stopped or disabled, start it and try the operation again.

Technical Support Details:
    System.InvalidOperationException: This operation uses the SharePoint Administration service (spadminV4), which could not be contacted.  If the service is stopped or disabled, start it and try the operation again.
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.Synchronize()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ApplicationServerJob.ProvisionLocalSharedServiceInstances(Boolean isAdministrationServiceJob)

I've stopped and restarted the services for SP Server Search and it still get the error messages. I've also tried other solutions found in other articles but, they do not pertain to my exact solution and they are all for SP 2010...which shouldn't make a difference. Can someone anyone out there help me point me in the right direction to get of these error messages??

artisticweb

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 10:06 PM

Answers

All replies