Could not auto refresh RSS feed web part with the latest feeds RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not able to setup to auto refresh the web part with the latest feeds. It is still same as 2007 that it will only refresh after IISRESET! I'm able to find the AJAX options and setup to enable Asynchronous Automatic Refresh and Update as in the below screen shot. However, the web part displayed error "An unexpected error occured while rendering the webpart.". There is even an typo in the error message!

I posted the procedures, error, and screen shot http://sharepointconnoisseur.blogspot.com/2011/04/sharepoint-2010-rss-viewer-web-part.html. If someone knows the tricks how to setup RSS feed webpart auto-refresh, please let me know.

Thanks.

Harry Chen
    Friday, April 15, 2011 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Harry,

I have been able to reproduce this in my test environment.  I was unable to find a fix for it so far. 

After discussed with my colleague, I would suggest creating a support ticket to see if a fix is available. 

Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:15 AM
  • We got answer from Microsoft support and this has been identified as open issue. We will submit change request and hope it can be fixed in next CU.
    Harry Chen
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Harry,

I have been able to reproduce this in my test environment.  I was unable to find a fix for it so far. 

After discussed with my colleague, I would suggest creating a support ticket to see if a fix is available. 

Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:15 AM
  • Thanks for the replay. I've submitted a case. Will keep everyone posted if I got answer. We are very frustrated since it suppose to be a new SharePoint 2010 feature.
    Harry Chen
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:49 AM
  • We got answer from Microsoft support and this has been identified as open issue. We will submit change request and hope it can be fixed in next CU.
    Harry Chen
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 5:22 AM
  • Just wondering if the update with this fix has been released?
    Friday, October 28, 2011 10:53 PM
  • The answer is no!  I am still seeing it after the latest CU.
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:46 PM