none
error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1 RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm trying to build my flex C++ code using 2015 I'm getting the error message

>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(171,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Please tell how to overcome this?

Thursday, April 6, 2017 10:10 AM

All replies

• I think you make a console app. You should show us your main routine. It Ends with Exit Code 1. But we don't know why and where because we don't see your main Routine.

Regards, Guido

Thursday, April 6, 2017 10:13 AM
  • int main(){yylex();cout <<"Uppercase, Lowercase, integer ,Upper , Lower, integer"<<endl;system("PAUSE");return 0;}

Thursday, April 6, 2017 10:42 AM
  • I don't see an error in your main routine. Only if the function yylex aborts the programme.

Maybe you find an answer here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13118947/error-msb6006-cmd-exe-exited-with-code-1

Or try search in google "msb6006 cmd.exe exited with code 1".

Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:24 PM
  • Hi BA29,

thanks for posting here.

>>When I'm trying to build my flex C++ code using 2015 I'm getting the error message

Are you using MSBuild to build your code or using vs?

If you're using vs, please check if you have custom build command in your Project->Properties->Configuration Properties->Custom Build Step. Try to run these command in cmd manually to see what happened.

If you're using MSBuild, I will move it to MSBuild forum for better support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Baron Bi Monday, April 17, 2017 7:55 AM
    Friday, April 7, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Hi BA29,

If your case has been solved, please help to mark answer. So that other people in this forum could find the solution.

If you have any other concerns, just feel free to contact us.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:24 AM