none
The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.LMTRepopulationJob

Question

• I have 1 SQL 2012 SP1 server, 2 SharePoint 2013 WFE server , 2 SharePoint 2013 APP server , 1 SharePoint 2013 Distributed Cache server.

In the Event viewer on 1 of the APP servers I get EVENT ID 6398

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.LMTRepopulationJob (ID f0731880-5f16-49d0-b4c1-71f2443a7708) threw an exception. More information is included below.

Unexpected exception in FeedCacheService.IsRepopulationNeeded: Cache cluster is down, restart the cache cluster and Retry.

The Distributed Cache service is running on the SharePoint 2013 Distributed Cache server under a dedicated service account (i adjust it as per http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219613.aspx)

Things i've tried are to resolve above event id are

- add dedicated service account to local admin
    - restart-cachecluster
    - remove-spdistributedcacheserviceinstance
    - add-spdistributedcacheserviceinstance

Running get-cachehost shows the server with status UP

Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:11 AM

Answers

• On the cache server i was getting

Server channel security authorization failed for client {domein\apppoolaccount}. To grant access, use Grant-CacheAllowedClientAccount command

get-cacheallowedclientaccount showed wss_wpg and wss_wpg_admin so i went looking in wss_wpg group and the apppool account was missing.

now ill wait 5 minutes :-)

• Marked as answer by dirkverhagen123 Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:05 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:05 AM