none
Alert notifications not working, yet email to notify you that alerts are set up are. RRS feed

• Question

• So im in a bit of a weird predicament.  I am trying to set up alerts on a list, so that if any items are created a notification will be sent out, which is a pretty simple operation.  I go up set an alert on this list, tell if if anything changes, alert me right away.  The alert gets created, and i even get an email saying, the alert has been created. But then nothing seems to trigger the alert. Creating items in that list, deleting them, nothing.  

Now why im confused is, i checked alerts, they are activated on the web application, the user im created this alert with, has full control over the site. I dont understand why im not getting alerts but i get the email saying alerts have been set up on that page. 

I feel like this is a really dumb fix and im just not able to see the forest through the trees if it were.  Any help would be nice. thank you! 

Friday, June 14, 2019 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Damon,

Below article will help you troubleshoot in multiple ways:

http://www.sharepointdiary.com/2012/02/sharepoint-alerts-not-working-troubleshooting-checklist.html

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Friday, June 14, 2019 11:24 PM
  • Hi TechDamon,

Whether you set to send alert immediately when anything changed?

If that’s the case, go to central administration->monitoring->review job definitions->find out and click the “Immediate Alerts” timer job for relevant web application and click Run now, wait the timer job runs successfully and check if the issue exists.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, June 17, 2019 8:10 AM
  • Hi TechDamon,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:37 AM